Public Works staff

A Place for the residents of Greenfield and surrounding communities to discuss the news of the day.

Public Works staff

Postby Joe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

what many people may not realize is that during this last storm, two of the city's three plowing vehicles were out of service. They managed to get it done with the road grader.

Despite not getting one particular property done to a public commentors satisfaction tonight, I think they did, as they usually do, an excellent job especially considering the equipment they are working with. All the "cost savings" of past years of not allocating funds for preventitive maintenance seems to showing its true result now.
Joe

Re: Public Works staff

Postby Brad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 pm

I agree Joe. I have found that our roads are in better shape than any other city that I have been in this winter. By the way that is in excess of thirty cities as I travel a lot due to my job. The comments that I have heard from over a dozen Greenfield residents is that we all have been very impressed with how quickly & how well the roads have been cleared this winter. Especially considering how much snow we have received. Kudos to the Greenfield public works guys!
Brad

Return to General Discussion