Another Packet of lies

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Another Packet of lies

Postby wastingmoney » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:47 am

Another packet of lies in on it's way to a mailbox near you.

How much money must all this be costing .. and who is really paying for it all? Guess we don't find that out until AFTER the election of course.

I was only told "only a crook spends a million dollars trying to get a $40,000 job" ... kinda seems like the same thing happening here. How much in kickbacks and other special privileges are people thinking they are getting to do this? Then again, when have you know these small governments to NOT be corrupt.
wastingmoney

Re: Another Packet of lies

Postby Reasonable » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I received two additional mailings one was a hand written oversized postcard asking me to vote Yes for education in Rockford and it was signed by a teacher. Wow, I've got to say the Vote Yes group is really putting on the pressure. The other mailing downplays the financial aspects of the referendum. Again, only part of the truth is being told which if you are uninformed, you may cave in and vote Yes. The mailer explains what the tax cost will be for one year... what it fails to explain is that this is a watered down cost and that the cost will be much greater in future years. For a home valued at $250K, the first year tax is calculated at $167.00 but it won't stay that way. The mailer explains the difference between bonds and levies. They stress that the operating levy is less per pupil than the average in the state. Ok people, we want to know what the capital bond number is per student since we are not voting on an operating levy. You're mixing apples with oranges here which will confuse some people. Oh yeah, don't forget the back page of the mailer is dedicated to threats that if you vote no, you will still pay a tax. Well, I'll still be saving $79.00 for a $250K valued house the first year ($167 - $88 (bond failure tax) - $79) and after that even more since you don't have the bond payment and interest. If you vote yes, you will be voting for a future of tax shocks since there is no full disclosure on how the cost escalates in future years. I say push back on the School Board to come up with a better solution which does not close the middle school and does make necessary building repairs - I believe it is possible to come up with a solution that will work for everyone.
Reasonable

Postby jewels » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am

For your information.....the YES group got DONATIONS from people in the community. Those of us not AFRAID to put some money out there in the name of making our community BETTER! Way to go ROCKFORD! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jewels

Postby wastingmoney » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:55 pm

jewels wrote:For your information.....the YES group got DONATIONS from people in the community. Those of us not AFRAID to put some money out there in the name of making our community BETTER! Way to go ROCKFORD! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They why can't they pay for the maintenance of the fields they've been using for years? Why did Durand have to come to every city hall begging for money for summer maintenance claiming the school didn't have the money, and he didn't know who was using the fields? Surely he could have just looked up his ass and seen all the people using it. :bang :bang :bang
wastingmoney

Postby redfire » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 am

It's so refreshing to see that even piddly school elections can be bought. It gives me such faith in the system. Maybe rockford can buy it's own school district. OFF of Greenfield land.
redfire

Return to Rockford School District