City of Rockford Link to "Vote Yes"

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

City of Rockford Link to "Vote Yes"

Postby nikidog » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Did anyone else notice that City of Rockford's official city website posted a link to the website "Yes for the Future," a pro-school bond website on their homepage in their "Useful Links" section? While it's a bit late now, do you think that they would also post a link to <http://www.rockfordreferendum.info/>, which is an anti-bond website?

After all, as a government entity, you would think they would have to be impartial in this regard. Which would mean either posting both websites or posting neither.
nikidog

Re: City of Rockford Link to "Vote Yes"

Postby yesyes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

NO! The CITY should support a strong community which is the schools. I HOPE there are groups of "For Sale" signs that go up....the town have spoken and we will not be bullied anymore! No wonder "their" kids are the biggest bulllies at school...they learn it from their parents! Sad! But we are NOT looking back! GO ROCKETS! ROCKFORD PRIDE!!!!
yesyes

Postby nikidog » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Gee, I just thought government entities hads a legal obliglation to be impartial about voting issues. How would Vote Yes feel if the City of Rockford posted a link only to an anti-bond website? It's not any government entity's place to be endorsing stances on ballot proposals, political candidates, or poltical parties. The City of Rockford really overstepped their bounds on this one by posting a link a to site that endorses a ballot proposal.
nikidog

Postby wastingmoney » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 pm

I have added this to the complaint filed with the state against the actions of this city administrator. Seems she doesn't quite know her place. I have a feeling she will be reminded of it very soon.

On an unrelated note, there may be an opening for a city administrator locally soon :lol:
wastingmoney

Postby Reasonable » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm surprised there was no link to the good ole boys club aka Rockford Lions web page as rumor has it they donated a couple thousand dollars to the "Vote Yes" group. Are they chummy with school Supt. Durand? They can choose who they donate money to. Now I may choose to withdraw my support of their events just as well as any businesses in Rockford. All the thanks can go to YesYes.
Reasonable

Postby nikidog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:00 am

Actually, the City of Rockford does have a link to the "Rockford Lions Club."
nikidog

Postby Reasonable » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

nikidog wrote:Actually, the City of Rockford does have a link to the "Rockford Lions Club."

I should have said from the Lions Club to the vote Yes site showing their support.
Reasonable

Postby nikidog » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Well, why I can't see that Rockford Lions have a link to "Vote Yes" or vice versa. The school district website has the Rockford Lions Club as a Community Link. Don't know if that helps.
nikidog

Return to Rockford School District