How is the Rockford school district?

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Re: How is the Rockford school district?

Postby Administrator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

During the February Durand meetings he spoke specifically, and was proud of the fact that they would break all projects down under the limit in which they would have to send them out to bid - specifically to get around the competitive bid process. One can only wonder HOW that would be beneficial to the tax payers.

I guess that way he can count on only using people that would be giving kickbacks.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby fuzz on the kiwi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 am

Kickbacks? Really? The sour grapes comments coming from a very small portion of seemingly Greenfield residents on this board is growing more laughable by the day. In fact it reminds me of Custer and the last of his men firing randomly into an unbeatable opponent. The popular vote has spoken, not only has the bond passed, but the scales have been tipped. Rockford is moving forward and for the better; next up will be businesses and attracting more growth. I foresee significant changes ahead, specifically in Greenfield, that will dwindle this ney saying group even more as they will be surrounded by even more positive, forward thinking people. As far as any more comments or arguing I will refer to an old saying I heard: "Never wrestle with a pig, you both get muddy but the pig likes it."
fuzz on the kiwi

Postby Administrator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Then can you explain a valid reason for breaking project down to specifically get around the competitive bidding process? This is not my idea, it was specifically stated by Paul Durand. When questioned he blathered about "buying local". We HAVE no local businesses that do this work - nor would I expect a multi-million dollar construction contract to go to anything less than a fully licensed, bonded company. Seeing as how badly previous projects have been mismanaged, I can't believe a school employee "managing" this project is being a good custodian of our money.

And contrary to your beliefs, nothing has changed that will attract businesses to the area - in fact we continue to lose them daily. This bond will scare away more people as you have just added a giant tax increase. Nice going.
Administrator
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Rockford School District