How is the Rockford school district?

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Re: How is the Rockford school district?

Postby fuzz on the kiwi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 am

Just to clarify....You feel that if the school disciplined these kids in house they would behave outside of school? Where is the parent discipline in both?
fuzz on the kiwi

Postby wastingmoney » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm

So you're thinking if the parents let them get away with anything they want, then the school should as well?

Just because they learn at home that those that are not part of their religion are beneath them, and don't matter, the school should allow them to "practice their religious beliefs" and bully anyone they want? Sorry, but that is not acceptable. I was never allowed to disrespect anyone at school, my kids certainly are not allowed to do so, and that behavior should not be reinforced. PERIOD.

Perhaps, if their parents won't be parents, they will get sick of getting in trouble at school and learn the proper lesson somewhere. I know ... dreaming that the school system actually prepares kids for life anymore. That must have gone out long ago. Now it's all about sports, aggression, "winning", and making yourself superior by dragging down those around you instead of striving to make yourself better.
wastingmoney

Postby fuzz on the kiwi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am

No, I do not think the school should let them get away with poor behavior at all. I guess I don't see how school discipline carries over to discipline outside of school. If the parents don't care to discipline outside of school I would assume that they wouldn't be in favor of the school disciplining the kids either, thus creating a really bad situation in the school altogether. I would say I am confused by this group of people entirely and would ask if the parents can't control them how can the school? I would welcome any background on them as I am at a loss.
fuzz on the kiwi

Postby jewels » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 am

Rockford PRIDE! The good side prevailed and has spoken...maybe the "other" group can just start their own charter school...that way their beliefs and values can be upheld and OUR kids can live in the mainstream forward thinking of a GREAT COMMUNITY! :notworthy
jewels

Postby Reasonable » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 am

As a NO voter, it is a sad day because approval has been given to spend money on projects I felt were not necessary. On the other hand it is also a good day because the school obviously needs repairs to be done. I don't consider this as a good guys win and bad guys lose scenario. That's just juvenile. I believe all residents want a strong school. I don't believe the threats that the middle school would be closed if the referendum was defeated were true and I think moving forward in future years, taxpayers will be shocked at how this will affect them. The costs are staggering for such a small school. Future years will bring more referendums and we'll see how it goes. I think it's juvenile to suggest the NO voters get a for sale sign and move. Without the NO voters in the area, there would be no tax base to pay for all the things the school wants. Oh, that's right, out property values should go up now so maybe that is a option. And, now a grocery store and more businesses will step it up and move into the area. REALLY?? To be mean, I'll have to mention what I overheard at a vote yes information meeting... if the referendum passes, it won't really affect the welfare people living in Rockford so they will probably vote yes. So how does that make you feel about pride, it makes me feel kinda sick.
Reasonable

Postby jewels » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am

As a NO voter....as usual you don't have your facts straight. :cry
jewels

Postby Reasonable » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am

Ha, and as a Yes voter, you don't either. I can agree to disagree on this. It's said and done. Now let's agree to encourage the money gets put to the best possible use.
Reasonable

Postby fuzz on the kiwi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I agree with the fact that is is done and over, and I also agree that the money needs to be spent wisely. This is an opportunity for growth for an entire community on a lot of different levels. I would love to see more businesses in our communities to help support the tax burden as well.
fuzz on the kiwi

Postby wastingmoney » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Reasonable wrote:Ha, and as a Yes voter, you don't either. I can agree to disagree on this. It's said and done. Now let's agree to encourage the money gets put to the best possible use.

I'm sure that won't be the case. All of this "no-bid" contracts, "internal contractors", "Local labor and suppliers" just screams of fraud. Someone just got a huge payday (and I guess now Durand gets his big raise). Wonder what happens when they come back for another levy NEXT YEAR. Good luck with that one!
wastingmoney

Postby Reasonable » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm sure that won't be the case. All of this "no-bid" contracts, "internal contractors", "Local labor and suppliers" just screams of fraud. Someone just got a huge payday (and I guess now Durand gets his big raise). Wonder what happens when they come back for another levy NEXT YEAR. Good luck with that one![/quote]

No-bid contracts seems pretty strange. There should be a task force overseeing how the monies get spent. As taxpaying citizens, do we have to go to every school board meeting, breathe down their necks and force them to show us how money is being spent? Can we request and actually get documentation on money spent? Surely, there must be some kind of check and balance?
Reasonable

PreviousNext

Return to Rockford School District