Politcal Signs Vandalized AGAIN

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Politcal Signs Vandalized AGAIN

Postby Administrator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm

I guess the "Vote Yes" people have too much paint on their hands. I guess it also shows where the kids are learning their rotten behavior from.

Check the breaking news page on http://www.rockfordreferendum.com/ for the details and pictures. At least this time the sheriff's office seems to be taking it seriously - they had the crime lab out today.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Politcal Signs Vandalized AGAIN

Postby carol beasecker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

does anyone want to stand up and identify who can do this. First they tresspassed on private property and that was not enough than they destroyed private property. I wish that they would come out of the closet and identify themselves. No one is begrudging them the right to express their view, go out and do your own signs and leave the VOTE NO signs alone. :bang :bang :bang :nono :nono
carol beasecker

Postby summergirl01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:30 am

I am a local resident who voted yes. I agree, however that vandelizing a sign is wrong. The whole part of this country is the ability to post signs up to show what we support. I have a life long friend who I know voted no but I still love her very much. She made an informed decision and I respect that. What I don't respect is vandelism that was done on the signs. I also disapprove of the letter that was written by a "No" voter to the "Vote Yes" Committee that stated such horrific things such as wishing the "Yes voters" to be surgically sterilized. That is such a horrific evil message for one human to wish that on another human. I know of people who were on the fence and that message made them vote yes. Good old fashion debating is healthy but vandelism and threats of bodily harm are hate crimes that both sides of this arguement should be ashamed of.

I think the real issue here is both sides have good strong opinions, but how can we use this to come together and fight to improve the school? So the turf field was a dream, but what can we do now to ensure that my daughter wont' have to sit in a school with a bad boiler and a elementry school with mold? How about taking some of the anger so many people have and use that energy to go after the contractors who build the elementry school 10 years ago and tell them "we don't care if the building is out of warranty, we want this mistake fixed". Instead of wasting time posting gripes on the message board forums, can we write grants to help get a boiler replaced or write to our local represntatives to see what type of help there is for us? Just some food for thought.
summergirl01

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:46 am

Remember the very same school system that told you we must fix a mold problem has been allowing your children to live in that environment. If it was a problem, they wouldn't be allowed to use the area. A few wet ceiling tiles does not mean there is mold - it means they stood by while the roof was leaking, allowing it to damage areas while doing NOTHING.

The fact that not a single person NOTICED all the work that was done wrong on a building in 10 years - a building we are still PAYING (and owe another 42 MILLION on) is unacceptable. I will not reward them by giving them even MORE money. I had a recently former member of the school board tell me a few weeks ago how the school board KNEW the wrong roof was put on the buildings (a 10 year instead of 30 year) - and they sat there SILENT until it failed and was too late to do anything.

Too long we have just put up with the excuses of this school system. Years ago when they were on the verge of being taken over by the state it again wasn't their fault. It never is - there is no responsibilty - it's always "it was the last persons fault, but we're fixing that now". Heard it all before. 20+ years they've been saying the same thing.

As for the letter you speak of, you seem to be talking about one disturbed person. If that did indeed happen, I would also be disgusted by it, just as I am about the facebook postings I see from school board members, teachers, and others that somehow imply "we don't get it".

The "No committee" sent out one flyer which was clearly identified and placed 3 signs (also clearly identified, both in text, and in the multiple spray paint attacks). I have similarly heard of a high ranking member of the R.A.C.E group calling and threatening a local business owner about this issue (he identified himself by name, there is no speculation here).
Joe

Postby summergirl01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Business owners who place political signs in front of their establishment must know that they take some risk from their actions. Most places of business try not to get involved in order to not lose business. I agree, no one should be harassed by their choice, but that goes for the NO side as well. They have done just as much harassment as the YES side. My message is this, we have this mess in our school district. We either can fix it as a community or we can continue to battle and fight in which nothing gets done at all. It takes a community to come together to fix what is broken.

I've seen the flyers from the NO side. What I don't see is the suggestions on how to address the issues that the school is facing. What suggestions do you have on how to fix these issues? Is there a place where I can go to see how you have offered up alternative solutions to these problems? I'm fine with not having a turf field, but what needs to be done to improve our current field? Do we need commmunity members to help fertilize, water, and mow? Positive thinking is so much healthier than pointing the finger at why everyone else is wrong. How about someone from the opposing side run for school board?
summergirl01

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Maybe a start would be for those in charge of this school district to start being honest.

In April, new superintendant Durand comes before the Greenfield city council (I can provide the tapes if necessary) and says "We just figured out we have been paying $42,000 a year for the 3 summer months when school is out to maintain the athletic fields. We don't know WHO is using them, so we can't charge for them. Therefore the CITIES should pay the schools from their general funds. He indicated he also made that request to Rockford and Corcoran. (this despite the use calendar is on his own school website)

A few months later suddenly he comes across with this great plan to take our city park and get money to put a "varsity baseball field" on it (again, I can provide tapes and documents). Furthermore, the school will kick in $100,000 towards this (not fighting for money suddenly?? - maybe he should have spent that on the $500 it would take to replace the rusty electrical boxes).

At that time, a member of the school board, Chuck Tryon stated upon request of a council member that there were no referendums planned from the school district. Of course this was a flat out lie, as reviewing the school board meetings later showed it had not only been discussed, but DECIDED that there would be a Feb. vote. Of course, he disclaimed it by 'well, if something breaks we might have to ask for money to fix it'. Legally, did he lie? No. Was he truthful and forthcoming knowing the INTENT of the question? NO.

As soon as that project fell throught, here comes this bond. And what do you think is in it? Yes, ANOTHER varsity baseball field, with almost $6M of sports spending.

Which part of "we are struggling to pay our bills while watching property values plummet" don't people get? Have you noticed how much support the Vikings have right now for their billion dollar handout? Did anyone ever think, wow ... this sounds just as unreasonable as what THEY'RE asking for? No .. they just said .. if we sneak this in with things that people would HAVE to vote for, we can have our cake and eat it too. And I know, that is what Durand must need to happen for him to get his $10,000 raise on his 3 year anniversary. I'm sure he's just as concerned for this community as he was in his last 6 districts.

While opposing this bond, I consistently said how happy I was that they showed their true colors by grabbing for the most outrageous amount they could think of. Durand has apparently told people that next year he's going to up it to $30 million. He don't get it. If the school board had put something practical past - REPAIRS only - It would have been significantly more cost effective, and would have had a much better chance of passing, and would not have gotten nearly the resistance.

Greed doesn't work. PERIOD.
Joe

Postby nikidog » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Well, it appears as though the same "Vote-No" sign in the same location on highway 50 was vandalized yet again last night (November 5th, 2012). As of this morning (Nov. 6th), when I passed it, it appeared that brownish/pinkish paint was splattered on it. Don't the people who do this realize it just makes their own position look bad?
nikidog

Postby yesyes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 am

Hey Sweetie....don't point fingers...the "cousins" good old fashion Christian group's children BURNED DOWN the YES sign on 10....how is that???? Please MOVE!
yesyes

Postby jewels » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 am

Look like the NO group who couldn't even manage to PAY for their own postage will BULLY NO MORE! Hopefully your new MAYOR can CLEAN up that community! Please move if you can't view the future...I DARE you to try your shenanigans in PLYMOUTH! The Wayzata District would eat you people up! Maybe the "group"that has restraining orders and were "kicked" out of Cokato can find another community to drive into the ground. The new guard has taken over! Happy Day, nothing can bring me down! =)
jewels

Postby Reasonable » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 am

Look like the NO group who couldn't even manage to PAY for their own postage will BULLY NO MORE! Hopefully your new MAYOR can CLEAN up that community! Please move if you can't view the future...I DARE you to try your shenanigans in PLYMOUTH! The Wayzata District would eat you people up! Maybe the "group"that has restraining orders and were "kicked" out of Cokato can find another community to drive into the ground. The new guard has taken over! Happy Day, nothing can bring me down! =)

It's juvenile and mean spirited to point a finger at one specific community when you have no idea where the people voting no live. There area lot of people in that community that do a lot for the Rockford Schools and Rockford in general. I can't say why the NO group did not mail their flyers, perhaps to prove they are careful with how they spend their money?? I don't believe that they couldn't pay for postage. Obviously, the vote yes group loves to spend money. The VOTE NO flyer was HONEST in pointing out facts on expenditures and made NO THREATS while the vote yes flyers stated partial truths and made THREATS. The school is teaching kids all about entitlement and to lie or tell partial truths to get what they want. Sorry state for everyone. I would gladly pay for leaking roof repairs, etc. but not the new baseball stadium with a press box, seriously! Talk about "fat" in a budget.
Reasonable

Next

Return to Rockford School District