Referendum Results

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Re: Referendum Results

Postby carol beasecker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

I did receive a call from School board chair today and he questioned if I receive my answers. We need to have good communication between the school board and the community. The do allow public comment at the beganing of their meetings.
carol beasecker

Postby RockfordGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

With all these conspiracy theories abound, you guys should start working on the JFK and Roswell cases next.
RockfordGuy

Postby redfire » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:29 am

Hey, here's another conspiracy theory. How much do u wanna bet that RAAA (Rockford Area Athletic Association) is getting kick-backs on this bond. Their own meeting notes show that they have had mutliple meetings with Superintendant Durand and Glenn Klaphake who is the schools' activities director. They have been using school fields since at least January of 2011 and sharing a shed with the middle school teams. Theyre even planning to take over the school gymnastics and wrestling, and do tournaments that the school has already been doing. Oh yeah, they get free advertising with the school, including a link to their own website.
redfire

Postby Reasonable » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 pm

redfire wrote:Hey, here's another conspiracy theory. How much do u wanna bet that RAAA (Rockford Area Athletic Association) is getting kick-backs on this bond. Their own meeting notes show that they have had mutliple meetings with Superintendant Durand and Glenn Klaphake who is the schools' activities director. They have been using school fields since at least January of 2011 and sharing a shed with the middle school teams. Theyre even planning to take over the school gymnastics and wrestling, and do tournaments that the school has already been doing. Oh yeah, they get free advertising with the school, including a link to their own website.

I'm not seeing any conspiracy theory or making the connection, sorry ... It makes sense that RAAA would want to utilize school facilities for their athletic activities. I'm assuming that RAAA offers sports activities that the school doesn't such as baseball in the summer when school is out. The RAAA director did not get elected to the school board as this year.
Reasonable

Postby Reasonable » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Does anyone have the official breakdown of votes cast for the latest bond referendum? I'd be interested to see how many Yes, No, and absentee votes from Hennepin and Wright counties.
Reasonable

Postby Administrator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 pm

http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/ENR/Results/DistrictPrecinctResultsByOfficeInElectionId/1?officeTitle=SCHOOL%20DISTRICT%20QUESTION%201%20(ISD%20%23883)&questionid=166

It was only rockford that approved it. Every other community served by those schools rejected it. Figures - the area that don't pay the high property taxes are the ones that voted for it. I am sure their "absentee ballots" for all the non-resident (and non-taxpaying) students had a LOT to do with it as well.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby wastingmoney » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 am

Reasonable wrote:
redfire wrote:Hey, here's another conspiracy theory. How much do u wanna bet that RAAA (Rockford Area Athletic Association) is getting kick-backs on this bond. Their own meeting notes show that they have had mutliple meetings with Superintendant Durand and Glenn Klaphake who is the schools' activities director. They have been using school fields since at least January of 2011 and sharing a shed with the middle school teams. Theyre even planning to take over the school gymnastics and wrestling, and do tournaments that the school has already been doing. Oh yeah, they get free advertising with the school, including a link to their own website.

I'm not seeing any conspiracy theory or making the connection, sorry ... It makes sense that RAAA would want to utilize school facilities for their athletic activities. I'm assuming that RAAA offers sports activities that the school doesn't such as baseball in the summer when school is out. The RAAA director did not get elected to the school board as this year.

Yeah, but isn't it interesting that Duran claims he didn't know who's using the fields - he just needed to ask his own school board - unless they were lying to him :roll: I loved how a school board member (tryon) lied to a greenfield council member when asked if there was any referendum coming ... just weeks before it was officially announced. They're all a bunch of lying sacs.

I'm sure lots of these "yes" people are part of this RAAA and CAAA and all these other organizations. All they want is the free access to facilities someone else pays to build.
wastingmoney

Previous

Return to Rockford School District