Facebook Whiners

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Re: Facebook Whiners

Postby fuzz on the kiwi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 am

nikidog - I would like to ask you to reread the comments and posts, I never entered the realm of name calling. In the future please pay attention to the facts a little more, it is a shame when people form an opinion based on misinformation.
fuzz on the kiwi

Re: Facebook Whiners

Postby nikidog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Fuzz on the kiwi, you are right about the name-calling in that someone with the username RockfordGuy made the “piece of crap” comment. RockfordGuy also said “If a ‘friend’ of mine did this, they would be getting a visit.” It was Rockford Guy who said that a “piece of crap” person used her “friend’s” Facebook post “to ridicule others.” I realize that I made the mistake of misattributing these comments to you instead of to RockfordGuy who actually made them.

From your posts on this site, aside from your referring to the Vote No supporters as “whiners,” I would have to agree that you “never entered the realm of name calling.” RockfordGuy did the “name-calling” here. I made a mistake. I miss-matched some of RockfordGuys’ comments with your username.
Fuzz on the kiwi, you made the comment that posting these Facebook comments on the GreenfieldMN is “outside the boundaries of good taste.” There are your “facts” without a shred of “misinformation.” I have “reread” others’ “posts and comments” and publicly corrected some of my own. I hope that clarifies it.

As for me forming “my opinion based on misinformation,” if any of the information in my posting, aside from the “who said what” issue above, is inaccurate or untrue, please show me your counter-argument and evidence to the contrary.

My opinion on the VoteYes Facebook comments being posted on GreenfieldMN remains unchanged. Again, I cannot comment as to someone posting a “friend’s” Facebook page which was on “private settings,” as I was not there. But if RockfordGuy and the VoteYes Facebook posters were concerned about their own posts leading to their own “ridicule,” then why did they post them on a public Facebook site in the first place? GreenfieldMN didn’t make them public as they were ALREADY posted for the general public by the very people who created the posts.

I acknowledge my misquoting, or rather, miss-matched quoting of Fuzz on the kiwi and RockfordGuy. But it still doesn’t change the fact that people supporting the bond referendum made all of the comments I originally posted. I don’t support Reasonable’s comment that Rockford students will become “DUMB JOCKS” or Get Real’s comment that the “vote yes people” have a “rabid nature.” These VoteNo supporters’ comments also constitute “verbal name-calling.” However, it would by hypocritical for some VoteYes supporters to say “I hate to lower myself to the opposing strategy,” as Sarah Zender Dahl does of the Vote No’s, when some of the VoteYes supporters’ “lowered” themselves with their own name-calling. And, I have to say, no VoteNo’s that I have seen have threatened to use “fear tactics” like Sarah Zender Dahl did.

To clarify who made the remainder of the comments I originally cited:

A sample of some comments in poor taste:

-“eliminate the Greenfield problem” (John Andrew via Facebook)
-Referring to the Vote NO’s as “haters” (Christie Scanlon Fleischer via Facebook), “morons,” (Jessica Revak Milkes via Facebook) and “ignorant” (Jewels)
-“I feel very sad for the community when folks like the vote NO’s are out there.” (Yes, like the truth, we are “out here.” I especially love the oozing condescension of this particular comment). (Jewels)
-Referring to the Vote Yes people as “forward thinkers.” (I guess that implies that you believe us Vote No people are backwards. I have a forward-thinking idea. Let’s fund academics for our students instead of prioritizing sports. A school actually investing in educating its students? What a backwards, in-the-box, old-fashioned notion). (Jewels)
-“I encourage you to move to another community to set up a bully club.” (It seems like this community already has a bully club. One that tells any dissenters to fall in line or get out. Apparently, disagreement of opinion is just not allowed in this community.) (Jewels)
-“I want to use some fear tactics.” (See bully comment above). (Sarah Zender Dahl via Facebook)
nikidog

Previous

Return to Rockford School District