Facebook Whiners

A place to discuss issues relating to the Rockford School District, which serves the majority of Greenfield.

Facebook Whiners

Postby greenfarce » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 am

Found this today ...
Facebook3.jpg
Facebook3.jpg (129.6 KiB) Viewed 22080 times

I LIKE the idea of rezoning and removing greenfield from the school district. Most of the decent kids go to Buffalo and Delano anyway. Then they could lose the tax base from all the expensive houses and see what it would be like to pay for all that with their trailers!

For the record, we ELIMINATED our problem in Greenfield with a corrupt council. We have NOT had huge tax increases. The only thing that HAS been going up constantly is our SCHOOL TAXES! They are now DOUBLE what our city tax is!!!!

And no, we don't hate Rockford (they tend to save our burning houses way before Loretto does - even if they have to come across the full city to get to us!). We do not hate KIDS. We HATE MISMANAGEMENT. We hate a school district that puts SPORTS before EDUCATION! The testing numbers are deplorable! All this district knows how to do is eliminate TEACHERS and keep ADMINISTRATORS fat and happy. How much more could have been bought without Durands FAT SALARY?! $31K/year more than the last administrator BEFORE all the perks ($8K for auto expenses, $15K slush fund - REALLY?!?!??!) - That sounds like another TEACHER!

It's strange to see how many teachers were on the YES side when THEY are the ones this guy screws. Look at his past positions - that's the common theme.

Want to see where the money goes in the district, try here: [url]http://extra.twincities.com/car/schlsalaries/default.aspx
[/url] - you can filter by Rockford. It's not the teachers getting rich, it's the administration. And it's the KIDS that you care so much about that get the short end of that stick. THAT'S what you'd be concentrating on if you cared about them - not paved paths and gazebo's!

And yes, my kids do very well in Delano, thank you.
greenfarce

Re: Facebook Whiners

Postby Reasonable » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 am

The reason people voted NO has everything to do with what the money would have been spent on, not on where they reside. Voters said NO to spending $900K on a synthetic turf field, $750K on a new baseball stadium, etc. There is a chance the referendum would have passed if only the critical items that needed fixing were in the spending plan. Maybe the school board will be smarter the next go around. People in the community are having a tough time keeping up with their house payments, keeping food on their table and making ends meet. Do the facebook folks know that one in six families in the community visit the food shelf on a regular basis because they can't make ends meet? Let's heap more taxes on those that are struggling so junior can play sports. There is no room for foolish spending. Education is a priority, fixing building problems are a priority before sports. No kid is going to suffer because they don't get to play on a synthetic turf field! By the way, anyone using the Community Center pays for it via a fee and/or with their current taxes. The School Board and Superintendent needs to re-think their priorities.
Reasonable

Postby greenfarce » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Facebook4.jpg
Facebook4.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 22057 times

"now I want to use some fear tactics" ... Seems like you missed the boat on that one.

Durand already threatened all of these things. Then the "Yes committee" repeated those threats in their flyer. What happened?

The majority voted against this.

The "slippery slope" is because of the continuing failing education of the rockford schools. Failing No Child 3 YEARS IN A ROW?!?!?! 10-14 points BEHIND delano and wayzata. THAT is why people are moving their kids to other school systems.

It's not that we don't see or understand it - YOU DON'T.
greenfarce

Postby Reasonable » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm

A bigger fear is that we will have a bunch of DUMB JOCKS! Schools are for education first NOT sports. Remember reading, writing and arithmatic??? Maybe we need to have a community math course to teach everyone how to budget money and spend it wisely. It's smart to protect your current investments by maintaining the buildings - fix leaky roofs, fix heating systems. According to the vote, people feel that spending millions of dollars in this economy on sports facilities is not where they want to see their money go. The outcome of the vote may have been different without the high dollar sports related items wrapped into it. If sports is your only interest, maybe you should go to another school so we can concentrate on teaching the kids that do want to learn. I'm curious how many families have kids in sports. Perhaps the booster club can beef up their sales to help pay for some of the sports expenditures they'd like to make. I'm sick of having sports facilities eating up my hard earned money. Hennepin County residents get killed in taxes as it is.
Reasonable

Postby jewels » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

All of this just shows how "UN reasonable" you are. Please Please educate yourself. Look into the surrounding districts and stop finding supporting evidence that is skewed in your direction. I feel very sad for the community when folks like the vote NO's are out there. You are saying that folks use the FOOD SHELF? Well GREAT- I can bet that the vote NO's that were all up in arms were NOT the same folks going to the food shelf. They have land, farms and businesses that stood to pay higher taxes and the state has decided to give them a voting ballot. When given the chance these people are going to vote NO because they can! We have great schools and they WILL stay that way because the forward thinkers will take care of the community.
jewels

Postby greenfarce » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 am

jewels wrote:All of this just shows how "UN reasonable" you are. Please Please educate yourself. Look into the surrounding districts and stop finding supporting evidence that is skewed in your direction. I feel very sad for the community when folks like the vote NO's are out there. You are saying that folks use the FOOD SHELF? Well GREAT- I can bet that the vote NO's that were all up in arms were NOT the same folks going to the food shelf. They have land, farms and businesses that stood to pay higher taxes and the state has decided to give them a voting ballot. When given the chance these people are going to vote NO because they can! We have great schools and they WILL stay that way because the forward thinkers will take care of the community.

That is the most nonsensical thing I have heard!

The evidence that this school system is failing is quite obvious. Look at the state statistics (I know, facts suck for you). The Elemetary school has FAILED No Child for the last 3 years running. The test scores of this district is 2nd to last in the surrounding communities. This is not "skewed" - it is FACT.

If you look at the statistics the food shelf released, they indicate how many people in this area are suffering to put A MEAL on the table - and you dismiss this increase as 'only a hamburger a month' - I think they would have an opinion on that. I would love to see you tell them to their faces how insensitve THEY ARE for not choosing YOUR KIDS over FEEDING THEIR FAMILIES!

You DO bring out where your envy lies .... people with money should not have a vote? The state "decided to give them a voting ballot"?! Prehaps only those that own property and therefore have to PAY the taxes you're asking for should be allowed to vote. It's the OWNERS of the trailer parks that have to pay .. not those renting, and all the college kids that you tried to get to stuff the box with absentee ballots.

If you want special facilities for your kids, YOU PAY FOR THEM. Seems to me the rest of us were able to get a good education when money was spent on hiring the best possible teachers, giving them the best materials to teach with, allowing the schools to ENFORCE DISCIPLINE, and holding PARENTS ACCOUNTABLE for their childs poor performance. Anyone remember the days when a parent called to school would instill fear into the CHILD? These days it's all about parents blaming the TEACHERS for their kids failing.

I'm sure just letting them play more sports will suddenly improve their grades.
greenfarce

Postby jewels » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 am

Honestly,
Find a hobby. You need more to do.
Its laughable!

For the record YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS. You don't know me OR my values... I don't believe I said anything about a hamburger a month, I DO own a 5 bedroom single family home yet live paycheck to paycheck on 2 incomes. AND I pay taxes...do NOT make assumptions. I get there are people who struggle, I am involved through my church and take part in helping out as I CAN. Take your bitter energy and put it toward something productive! Take your beef to the legislature, don't take it out on your community and hide behind a user name.

Its not all about sports but SPORTS brings school into the communities...when was the last time a hundred people attended a math contest or a debate. School IS important. Do you KNOW how many parents leave the burden or raising their kids on teachers? Maybe ask a group of teachers in Delano, Wayzata, Rockford, Buffalo or WHERE EVER. Better yet ask local schools WHICH group of kids are typically troublemakers. You may be surprised!

I am done exchanging words in this forum, it is CLEAR by how ignorant you are with your facts. Take care- I hope you find inner peace.
PS -I encourage you to move to another community to set up a bully club.
jewels

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

jewels wrote: PS -I encourage you to move to another community to set up a bully club.

Remarkable - that is EXACTLY what residents were told during the LAST school election. The person making the calls said:

"If you vote no for this, why don't you just move out of town"

Skewing facts? Perhaps you missed my post on another thread:
http://www.greenfieldmn.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=698

Those are FACTS of a failing school system. You can also look up the NCLB stats - the STATE says they are failing.

As for who are the trouble makers - the same people that have been the problem for 15+ years. There is a reason there is a full time cop at the schools. If you don't know about the gang problem, your kids must be part of it.
Joe

Postby greenfarce » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Here's todays clips....

FB1.jpg
FB1.jpg (19.33 KiB) Viewed 21921 times

Yes Jessica .. how about the morons that control the people that voted yes? Does that sound any more constructive to you?

FB2.jpg
FB2.jpg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 21921 times

Well kelly, wife of school board member....

* It WAS good enough for me, and I paid for my kids to have anything better.
* Bare minimum is what most of the less than elite families are doing right now to survive
* Taj Mahal - Show me one other school with an astroturf field. Show me one other than can replace equipment every other year
* Big blown up number - Just because you don't have a house that would be subject to < $600/year increase which some did, doesn't mean it's blown up. The fact is the numbers got exponentially bigger as value went up - that's why everyone quoted the $100K number ... It didn't represent reality for a lot of people.
* When is the election - Because the school district chose to only announce it to active parents the school system, many people DIDN'T know about it until the flyers started coming out. I can tell you who to blame for that, but you probably wouldn't like it.
* Town hasn't changed for 30 years - yeah .. they're right. It was corrupt then, it is corrupt now.
* why do they have to have turf - why don't YOU answer the question. Can they not play on grass? Shall we also replace the water fountains with Perrier? I see we already serve expresso in the school?!?!
greenfarce

Postby Reasonable » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:42 pm

jewels wrote:All of this just shows how "UN reasonable" you are. Please Please educate yourself. Look into the surrounding districts and stop finding supporting evidence that is skewed in your direction. I feel very sad for the community when folks like the vote NO's are out there. You are saying that folks use the FOOD SHELF? Well GREAT- I can bet that the vote NO's that were all up in arms were NOT the same folks going to the food shelf. They have land, farms and businesses that stood to pay higher taxes and the state has decided to give them a voting ballot. When given the chance these people are going to vote NO because they can! We have great schools and they WILL stay that way because the forward thinkers will take care of the community.

Jewels, I'm okay that we have differing opinions and don't expect you to agree with my. My food shelf comments are to illustrate that people in this community are struggling to make ends meet. It does not seem right to add to their tax burden and mine to pay for things that are not critical such as a turf field and baseball field, etc. For folks with a fixed income (retired) it is difficult to come up with additional funds to cover the additional taxes on a local, state and federal level. Yes, we planned for retirement but had no way of knowing that our investments would take such a hit and prices would skyrocket like they have and continue to do. We're just trying to live within our means.
Reasonable

Next

Return to Rockford School District